You’re a business person. Your business isn’t going the way you want it to. Either it’s paused completely or everything is happening at once. So, how do you know it’s time to hire a business coach? Well, these are some sure signs that will tell you when it’s time to hire a business coach. We’ll go over these in greater depth in this article.
1) Nothing is happening in your business, or you are going backwards.
You’re stuck in neutral and don’t know which direction to go. You may have great service systems in place and are marketing well, but you’re just not seeing any growth. You may even be losing money. It’s a good time to look to a business coach for help. A fresh perspective can help you achieve your goals. You have to be open-minded to receive the help from a business coach and be willing to make changes in the way you do and even perceive things. If you can’t make change, things aren’t going to change for the better. Don’t give up whatever you do. Things can and will get better. You just need someone in there who can help you get things moving again.
2) Everything is happening at once and you’re overwhelmed.
There’s big growth in revenue and profits. You need more equipment and employees. It’s all happening so fast and you just don’t have time to take a breather. You don’t know if you’re making the right decisions and are fearful that this is not going to last long. Take a deep breath and ask yourself the following questions:
- Is your business growing the way you want it to or do you feel out of control?
- Do you have the infrastructure to support your current business growth?
- Is the growth long-term or short-term?
- How can you best capitalize on this growth?
- Which areas of the business should you expand?
- Which areas of the business should you contract?
You shouldn’t get lost in the busy-ness of running your business that you ignore these questions. Think about them honestly and ask for the help of a business coach so you can navigate this growth period successfully. Remember, a business coach can help you navigate the highs and lows of your business. He or she can see the forest for the trees and will probably point out things to you that you may have missed and that are vitally important for reviving or keeping your business thriving. A business coach is a good thing to have.
Idea labs Consulting is an Austin-based team of coaches and consultants helping small businesses solve a wide range of business problems since 2011. Our team is composed of experienced entrepreneurs and technical experts.
We offer three distinct ways to work with you based on your current needs.
- Unlimited business coaching and consulting for a full year [$100 per month or less]
- Access to our resource platform of our products and services [pay for what you need]
- Business products and tools we recommend [free]
While there are plenty of sources for start-ups and small businesses to receive help, funding, and mentorship, Idea Labs operates like a marketplace by meeting the needs of your business’ ecosystem. As opposed to the common consulting and business coaching trope of increasing billable hours or project scope in order to maximize revenue, we prefer to be a place you can depend on during crucial stages of your business journey. We can help connect where you are now and where you want to be.
Idea Labs Consulting