Creating a business vision statement is one of the most important things you can do for your business. A business vision statement needs to be clear and inspiring. It should drive the business owner and the employees to fulfill it.
Successful entrepreneurs envision their businesses growing and developing.
At the start phase, you should think of end results. It is one of the most important tools for success. Why?
Envision your mission
Well, think of this quote from Zig Ziglar, “If you want to reach a goal, you must “see the reaching” in your own mind before you actually arrive at your goal.” Yes, if this sounds like the power of attraction, it is.
In this case, it’s the power of visionary entrepreneurship. You wouldn’t steer a ship or pilot a plane without envisioning or mapping out your destination, would you?
Of course not. Business is not a joy ride. It’s a journey. Say you have a world-changing idea. The limits of your success are the limits of your imagination.
Your ability to see your desired results has a major impact on those results. If you want to succeed, you must envision yourself doing so. Athletes often envision themselves at the finish line or hitting that perfect shot. Positive imagining can help you get past hurdles and reach the goals you want to reach.
We can help you create a vision statement for your business. There are three main steps to think about prior to honing in on your actual business vision statement.
- First, create an ultimate goal. Describe the desired end result. Create, with words or drawings, the end result from you want to have. Use your imagination to express your big vision and what it entails. Describe what it will be like when you’ve achieved your goals.
- Then, identify your convictions. Consider your motivations, your beliefs, and your intrinsic values. Answer the questions – Why do you do this? Why is it so important to you?
- State your mission. What difference do you want to make? What do you want to bring to the world?
Realize your business plan
After you do all this, you must put your vision statement together. It must be specific and identify the key actions you need to take or it must define what success looks like.
For example, if you wanted to open a restaurant, your vision would look different based on what type of restaurant it was. We get that creating a vision statement is no simple feat; employing a freelance business plan writer might be a good idea if you are stuck.
Fiverr is an online marketplace for freelance jobs that could provide assistance with this important step in your business journey.
By joining their program, you could even put your own name out there and gain customers while also helping out other small businesses and freelancing individuals.
Consider these two options:
- “We will provide quality fast food to the residents of Austin.”
- “We will provide Austinites with a premier fine dining experience.”
These two options will require different steps to get them met. They couldn’t be more different in the realm of restaurant experiences. It’s much better to define your goals so you can align your actions with those goals. Do you understand now why a vision statement is so important?
Remember, before you write your business vision statement, you should evaluate your vision by answering the following questions.
- Is it concise and does it give purpose to your business?
- Is it capable of motivating you and others in the business?
- Will it help link your actions to your strategic goals?
Then, you’re pretty much set to write your business vision statement. Once you do, you’ll be amazed at how much begins to fall into place. For more business planning help, we suggest utilizing LivePlan’s cloud software to plan your business ventures, track your progress, and manage finances.
Idea Labs Consulting is an Austin-based team of coaches and consultants helping small businesses solve a wide range of business problems since 2011. Our team is composed of experienced entrepreneurs and technical experts.
We offer three distinct ways to work with you based on your current needs.
- Unlimited business coaching and consulting for a full year [$100 per month or less]
- Access to our resource platform of our products and services [pay for what you need]
- Business products and tools we recommend [free]
While there are plenty of sources for start-ups and small businesses to receive help, funding, and mentorship, Idea Labs operates like a marketplace by meeting the needs of your business’ ecosystem. As opposed to the common consulting and business coaching trope of increasing billable hours or project scope in order to maximize revenue, we prefer to be a place you can depend on during crucial stages of your business journey. We can help connect where you are now and where you want to be.
Idea Labs Consulting