Idea Labs Consulting is growing and we’d love for you to join our fast moving startup both with established clients and ready to scale. We’re entrepreneurs, online experts, and business consultants, with strong values and a vibrant culture. For our online marketing clients, we handle everything from SEO, PPC and Social Media to Website Design and reputation management. Our customer-base requires innovation in both client engagement and how we deliver our services.
The perfect candidate is part journalist, social media maven, customer service rep, and entrepreneur all rolled into one. We need someone to run social media and content development for our clients. Long-term, we are looking for someone to grow with the company.
• 2 years of professional-level social media, content, or related experience.
• Experience and working knowledge of major social media platforms and tools.
• Ability to research, interview, and create accurate and compelling content quickly in unfamiliar subject areas.
• Creative and analytical (i.e. great plans and content that are on strategy)
• Consistent habits in running client social media accounts and content.
• Ability to work independently and quickly, while staying organized.
• Can-do attitude and willingness to consider and do things differently.
• A love of startups and a desire to see our company grow (culture fit).
• Clear communication with the ability to educate lay-people on what you’re doing and why
• Willingness to pitch in on things outside your area (startup)
• Not hampered by working within established and developed (new) processes.
Preferred, but not required
• Blogging experience.
• Familiarity with other online marketing channels.
• An appreciation for how social media contributes to relationship development and business objectives (e.g. lead gen).
• A body of written work (preferably online and covering various subject-matter)
• Some knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (e.g. keywords, directories, and link-building).
• Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, WordPress, or other CMS
• Design Experience – Proficiency in Illustrator or Photoshop
• Project management or client management experience.
• Can see ways to standardize social media and content creation processes.
-Looking for 40 hours per week.
Copywriting / Content / Design
• Write and edit copy for marketing communications on various platform
• Online research for generating online marketing content
• Curate images and other multimedia
• Simple image editing
Manage Social Media Accounts
• Manage social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest & LinkedIn
• Manage review sites such as Yelp, City Search, Foursquare, and others
• Design initial pages to have complete information and be aesthetically pleasing
• Curate content for regular blog posts
• Develop client’s social media strategies with
• Assist with customer and internal analytics/reporting
• Help with special projects for new ventures (market research, list building, etc.)
• Various administrative duties to help support the sales and executive teams
Compensation / Benefits:
• Salaried position, weekly salary dependent on experience.
• Raise after 90 days of employment.
• Vibrant culture.
• Values-driven company – https://www.idealabsconsulting.com/about-us/
• Professional development.
• Team building activities (e.g. company meals and happy hours).
• Growth company, ability to make a difference.
Please follow these instructions exactly to have your application considered.
1. Instead of a cover letter, write a blog (400 words or less) to address the topic: “What I’ve learned working in social media and why Idea Labs Consulting is the right next step.”
2. Provide links to your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Blog-if applicable).
3. Furnish resume (.pdf) and relevant portfolio (if applicable).
4. Also answer the following:
– a. What’s one achievement in social media you’re most proud of? (<300 words) – b. Which social media platform is best for businesses, why? (<300 words) – c. If you could write about anything what would it be and why? (<200 words) – d. What is your ideal work environment? What makes a company great? (<100 words) – e. What was your salary at your last position? What are you salary requirements? 5. Email all items to